We’ve got some big news at Zopim, and we want to share it with you, our beloved customers.
In 2008, we started Zopim with the vision of changing the way businesses communicate with their customers online. We re-imagined live chat and the chat widget design.
Since coming out of beta in 2010, we’ve watched with excitement as our user base has grown from a handful of early adopters to customers spanning the globe.
The Start of a Love Story
Late last year, we started conversations with a company we’ve admired for a while. It had a beautifully simple platform, was customer focused, fast growing and well liked. Our respect only grew when we started using its platform and built an integration for it. This company was Zendesk.
As our management teams crossed the globe, our mutual respect grew and it become clear that a marriage would benefit our joint customers.
Today, we’re excited to announce that Zopim is now proudly a Zendesk company.
What this Means for you – Business As Usual
As a Zopim customer, the acquisition won’t be affecting your everyday use of live chat. In fact, I’d like to make it clear that we won’t be making any major changes to the Zopim service in the coming months.
- The core product will remain exactly the same. We’ll be adding new features according to our roadmap, but you can continue using Zopim without any disruptions.
- Your monthly package will also remain unchanged. You’ll continue to pay exactly the same amount as before – together with any discounts you might have.
- And lastly, we will be keeping our commitment to providing awesome customer service. You can chat to any one of our customer service agents 24 hours a day, 5 days a week on Zopim.com
Live chat is an integral part in Zendesk’s vision for improving customer engagement. This acquisition will give us the opportunity and resources to improve our service levels, add requested features, hire new talent, and of course develop a better integration with Zendesk.
Most of all, we remain committed to our promise of building a better and more affordable way for businesses to communicate with their customers.
As founders, Wenxiang, Yang Bin, Qing Ru and myself are grateful and proud of what our team have achieved. Working everyday with talented, passionate and fun folks has been nothing short of sheer joy (and occasional pain when I take a beating at our daily ping pong games!).
Our heartfelt thanks also goes out to:
- Our family and partners. You’ve been huge pillars of emotional support while we’ve gone through tough times. When others would have doubted us, you continued to believe.
- Media Development Authority (MDA) Singapore, SPRING Singapore and the National University of Singapore (our alma mater) for placing your trust in us despite our youth and inexperience, and for funding our early growth through grants and investments.
- Singapore! You are an amazing country and so encouraging of entrepreneurs. I have no doubt that you will become the epicenter of global entrepreneurial activity, and we will chip in whenever you need us to.
Last but not least, over the years we’ve formed close relationships with many of you, our customers. You have been patient and encouraging when we inadvertently messed up, and delightful and gracious when we had a chance to chat. In the years to come, we’ll continue looking forward to that familiar ‘ding’ that tells us you’re ready for a chat =)
PS: Check out what Zendesk has to say here.