* Note: This post specifically relates to the design of the chat widget on our own website. It is still undergoing testing, but we’d like to gather some feedback before introducing it as a replacement for the current default design.
Some of you might have noticed subtle changes to Zopim’s chat widget over the weekend. The original design of the widget hasn’t changed much since our launch in 2010. As we build up to the launch of Zopim 2.0, we’d be making our widget more attractive and user-friendly, so your website visitors would feel more comfortable starting a conversation with you.
The first phase is a light touch-up of our existing design. We’re taking a minimalistic approach to this. Wherever it’s possible for us to tastefully remove background colors, borders, etc.. from the original design, we’ve done it. We’ve also removed informational messages that we deemed redundant. By distracting the web visitor less, he / she can focus more on the (hopefully engaging) conversation with you =)
We’ve highlighted some of the changes below. Looking forward to your comments.
- Name headers
The rounded background has been replaced with simple colored fonts
Button images replaced with CSS-styled buttons
- Status Messages
Removed non-critical status messages
- Larger font size, better contrast
- Less prominent branding
Latest posts by roystontay (see all)
- Skype and Zopim (beta) - March 18, 2013
- Server migration – 20 Jan 2013 - January 7, 2013
- UX Series Ep. 3 – Easy Switching Between Dashboards - May 14, 2012