This post is kinda outdated, but necessary nonetheless to update our users on how we’ve been improving ZopIM in the past few months. Do try it to have a feel of it and let us know what you think!
Our release went live on a quiet Wednesday nite 2 weeks ago. The minor bug fixes and improvements were countless, but the major improvements are as follows:
Backend Overhaul (For the geeks out there)
- Migration of offline messaging platform from Jabber to LibPurple.. benefits discussed here.
- Changed transport mechanism from COMET to Flash sockets. Improvements include
- slight improvements in speed, no more HTTP headers!
- greater reliability
- able to determine earlier when a connection is broken
- no more mysteriously dropped messages
- Messaging architecture redesigned
- better reliability
- improved scalability
- improved performance
- improved look
- bugs fixes
- Desktop components rewritten to improve user interface
- More features focused on improving chat efficiency. For example
- auto-completion tool
- shortcut templates for messages and urls
- chat summary panel similar to the speed dial on opera. helps you manage all your existing conversations seamlessly at one glance
- More preferences
- Improved chat history retrieval
- ability to search by agent name, visitor name, duration, date, etc…
- ability to track unread conversations (i.e. msgs that were left while you were online)
Visitor-side (chat button and chat window)
- Compatibility on most browsers (IE6-7/Safari2-3/Opera/Firefox2-3)!
- Nicer chat button design. Resizable to fit your website.
- Greeting message in button can now be customized
Latest posts by roystontay (see all)
- Skype and Zopim (beta) - March 18, 2013
- Server migration – 20 Jan 2013 - January 7, 2013
- UX Series Ep. 3 – Easy Switching Between Dashboards - May 14, 2012